Sunday, February 12, 2006

Wow! It's better than heroin!

My friends have a problem. It's a disgusting habit that immurses them in a fantasy world of rapture from which some never make it back. They forsake family, friends, sacrifice career and education, and are virtually consumed by this parasytical addiction.

An adapted phone conversation with my friend "K"
(Phone rings)Me- Hello?
K- Aaron, hey man, at what point did you realize that your drug use was a major problem?
Me- Well, you know you're having a problem when it starts to degrade the other areas of your life... work, school, relationships, that kind of thing. Why, what's going on man?
K- I think I've got a problem. My wife has been really getting on me about it and the other day I skipped work and school to feed my habit.
Me- Is it your drinking?
K- No, it's World of Warcraft.



For those of you who don't about World of Warcraft (often called WoW by those who play it), it's one of the latest and greatest things in online video gaming. I'm not a gamer myself, but two of my best friends are, and it has consumed their very essence. I just spoke with one of my ex-roomies last night (not the gay-prostitute) and it turns out his new roommates are into this same game. They don't work, they don't sleep much, they just play WoW. Constantly.

I've had this saved as a draft for about a week (I've really been slacking with the posts) so I'm just going to go ahead and publish this now. My apologies for the incompleteness, but I think you get the drift, video games are the new digital heroin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Ben said...

Not a big fan of video games, I already do enough non productive things.

7:47 PM  
Blogger rawbean said...

when are you going to post the picture of your legs that you can't sit back on or something...you promised!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home